With our program, you can be on your way to becoming a private pilot in practically no time. You will be training with some of the finest instructors in Alaska today and will work with an instructor one-on-one for a minimum of three (3), 1 ¼ – 1 ½ hour lessons per week in one of our many aircraft. The program includes all training materials, ground school, and flight time needed to prepare you for your private pilot check ride.
You will train in a relaxed yet structured environment, and we will do everything possible to make it a memorable experience. No prior flight experience is required.
This course includes the flight and ground instruction to meet the needs of an average student with good English language skills and ability. If you require more time to finish, we will work with you until you achieve your goal and become a certified private pilot at our normal daily training rate. An amazing 98% of all our private pilot students complete their training in 60 days or less.
Upon completion of the program, you will be a safe, proficient, and confident private pilot. A Private Pilot Certificate allows a pilot to fly a single engine airplane under visual flight rules (VFR), referring to visibility of at least three miles, as well as at night. A private pilot may carry passengers but may not be paid for doing so, although the pilot can share operating expenses with the passengers.
Syllabus Based Training
There’s little doubt as to the efficiency of a good syllabus. There are very few Part 61 schools that use this type of training, mostly because it requires dedication between the instructor and the student and they prefer to just take the easy approach and not use one. We believe that the use of a syllabus is the only way to teach and it has many benefits, including:
- Better standardization of both students and instructors. If an instructor has to cancel, another instructor can pick up the lesson and teach it without interruption if he or she knows where the student is in the program.
- Lower costs for the student. Students are always looking to save money, and there’s nothing more annoying to them than feeling like they are spinning their wheels. With a syllabus, they can monitor their own progress and become more efficient as a result.
- Transparency. Whether we like to admit it or not, there are times when students believe that they are being ripped off. A syllabus puts everyone on the same page and allows both instructors and students to defend their decisions. This is especially true when the syllabus has completion standards for each lesson.
The Airman Knowledge Test examines you on the concepts and information you will need to know for your training. It is a computerized exam that will need to be passed before you start flight training or shortly after.
Once we receive your deposit, we will provide you with an online-based ASA Ground School course that you will use to study for your written test. This course provides you with an e-book, over 10 hours of video presentations, and practice quizzes to prepare you for your written knowledge exam. We have found this to be much more beneficial and practical than the standard ground schools that other flight schools use.
You must have a current Medical Certificate prior to starting the Guaranteed Private Pilot Program.
This physical must be conducted by an FAA-designated Airman Medical Examiner. You will be asked to fill out an online FAA application and medical history form. The doctor will check your vision, hearing, balance, and nose and throat. The doctor will determine that you do not have any mental or neurological problems such as alcoholism, epilepsy, psychosis, or a serious medical condition such as chronic heart disease or diabetes mellitus. The doctor will also ensure that you are not taking medications such as controlled substances, psychiatric or psychotropic medications, or anti-depressants.
We highly recommend Dr. Robert Thomas in Anchorage, Alaska. (907)868-2961.
Student Pilot Certificate
You must have your physical Student Pilot Certificate in hand prior to starting the Guaranteed Private Pilot Program. Once you complete your application it will take up to three (3) weeks to receive it in the mail. However, most students have received their card in about 7-10 days. We can assist you with the application for your Student Pilot Certificate.
Instructors and Location
Come train at one of the most beautiful airports in the world.
Flight training at our Palmer, Alaska campus will be taught by one of our mature, friendly, and knowledgeable instructors. Our instructors have been in aviation for many years and are Commercial, Instrument, and Multi-Engine rated, including CFI and CFII for fixed wing single and multi-engine aircraft.
We know that costs associated with flight training can be quite the investment. For financing your program we recommend AOPA or Pilot Finance, which are geared toward pilot training. The best part of this financing option is that the payments are typically less than just one lesson with your instructor.
AOPA Finance https://www.finance.aopa.org 1-800-627-5263
Pilot Finance https://www.pilotfinance.com 1-800-667-0201
Other options for financing may be your personal credit union or a low or no-interest credit card.
Includes the Following:
This course includes all of the flight time and ground instruction to meet the needs of an average student with good English language skills and ability. The following specific items are included:
- Rental Aircraft
- Dual Instruction
- Pre-Solo Test
- Solo Flight Time
- Ground Instruction
- Ground Instruction Test Signoff
- Written Knowledge Test *(Please save a copy of the receipt for the reimbursement of one Written Knowledge Test)
- Pre-Check Ride Test Prep
- ASA Private Pilot Online Ground School
- ASA Part 61 Private Pilot Kit
- ASA AirClassics Pilot Briefcase
- The Complete Private Pilot by Bob Gardner
- The Complete Private Pilot Syllabus
- Private Pilot Test Prep book
- FAR/AIM book
- Visualized Flight Maneuvers Handbook
- Private Oral Exam Guide by Michael Hayes
- Private Pilot Airman Certification Standards (ACS)
- Flight Computer (Kit contains E6-B Fiberboard #ASA-E6B-P)
- Plotter (Kit contains Ultimate Rotating Plotter #ASA-CP-RLX)
- Pilot Logbook (Kit contains Standard Pilot Logbook #ASA-SP-30)
- Student Pilot Guide
- Alaska Chart Supplement
- Anchorage Sectional
Items Not Included:
- Private Pilot Check Ride (Approximately $750)
Our Program is based on industry standard training methods. If the student is studying and applying themselves then passing the required tests should not be a problem.
However, we reserve the right to cancel the guarantee if the student is not reaching the benchmarks due to lack of studying and/or meeting the minimum requirement to fly at least three lessons per week with each lesson lasting 1 ¼ – 1 ½ hours.